let’s take a look of Chef Automate.. In this post we will se how to install it quickly.
I will install it through Vagrant but you can use my cookbook into a Chef Server.
- a Chef Server. Change default[‘chef_automate’][‘chef_server’][‘url’] with the correct IP
- an user’s key (client.pem) of a member of your Chef Server Organization. Change default[‘chef_automate’][‘key’][‘base’] and default[‘chef_automate’][‘key’][‘name’] with your values
- a Virtualbox private network 192.168.56.0 (or you can set a port forwarding into the Vagrantfile in order access to the webserver through http://127.0.0.1)
- a delivery.license file. Put it into the cookbook directory. You can see it on /vagrant into the guest vm.
Start the provision..
- git clone https://github.com/lucky-sideburn/chef_automate.git
- vagrant up
- https://automate-box01/e/umbrella_corporation/ or use your preferred internal IP or use port forwarding to 127.0.0.1
- Select your enterprise
Eugenio Marzo – Devops Engineer @Sourcesense